I'm tired. I'm not sick anymore (snicker), but I'm caring for everyone else with the flu. With the arrival of my son and plus one, my daughter, plus bugbug, my 4 foster teens, my grand daughter, Grumpy, 2 gold fish, 10 chickies, 2 cats, 1 dog (sadly our German Shepard of 12 years went to puppy heaven yesterday) now of whom MOST are sick...I'm tired. Dinner for 10 each night and the cleaning involved (god forbid someone get up and help..they're SICK) I'm getting a little pissy. I know that my grown 2 have taken care of themselves and their basic needs when they lived on their own. At least I assume so, when I saw them they looked well fed with clean clothes. Something happened when they moved home. They became children again. ick.
I was so excited when I started this blog. I was going to settle my foster 4 into long term/adoptive homes at the end of the school year, grow chickies...maybe sell some babies down the road, grow my garden, can, wear funny hats and no make up and enjoy quiet times. I was NEVER going to get dressed on Sundays. I was going to have the gkids over every other Saturday so they could eat a ton of chocolate and ice cream and go home on Sunday morning full of maple syrup. I was going to have a life. A well deserved life for a mom who has committed to her kids for 27 years and should have been laid off last October. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE MY PINK SLIP PLEASE.
So, reality check. A couple of my kids need to get back on their feet, find a job and move on. It happens. When I think about it only the last 2 or 3 generations had children move out when they turned 18. For thousands of years we have multiple generations living at home. Grandparents help with the little one while the young parents toil for the family. Maybe a widowed aunt or spinster cousin hanging around. Everyone helping with the daily chores. It's how it was in my family. My great grand parents lived with h
is parents and raised their 3 children until his parents died of old age. Their children stayed home until college/marriage/army. It's just how things worked, multi-generational (yes, made up word but it fits) farm and canning. Her parents lived on the farm next door and everyone worked the garden, the butchering, falling trees (ggrandpa's favorite chore was blowing up the tree roots with dynamite in the fall after clearing more farm land) and helping with whatever was needed. As fewer people lived off the land or sold the land more kids left home for work. With times like they are again we might find more families moving in with each other. My parents didn't move in but they did move about 4 miles away. We are putting up enough food to get both homes through the next year, but not just because of the times. It was something my mom and I have been talking about for a couple years. Doing things a little 'old school'. (but keeping all the modern conveniences). I like to say 'I'm not lazy, just busy' :D And now getting busier.
I was so excited when I started this blog. I was going to settle my foster 4 into long term/adoptive homes at the end of the school year, grow chickies...maybe sell some babies down the road, grow my garden, can, wear funny hats and no make up and enjoy quiet times. I was NEVER going to get dressed on Sundays. I was going to have the gkids over every other Saturday so they could eat a ton of chocolate and ice cream and go home on Sunday morning full of maple syrup. I was going to have a life. A well deserved life for a mom who has committed to her kids for 27 years and should have been laid off last October. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE MY PINK SLIP PLEASE.
So, reality check. A couple of my kids need to get back on their feet, find a job and move on. It happens. When I think about it only the last 2 or 3 generations had children move out when they turned 18. For thousands of years we have multiple generations living at home. Grandparents help with the little one while the young parents toil for the family. Maybe a widowed aunt or spinster cousin hanging around. Everyone helping with the daily chores. It's how it was in my family. My great grand parents lived with h
is parents and raised their 3 children until his parents died of old age. Their children stayed home until college/marriage/army. It's just how things worked, multi-generational (yes, made up word but it fits) farm and canning. Her parents lived on the farm next door and everyone worked the garden, the butchering, falling trees (ggrandpa's favorite chore was blowing up the tree roots with dynamite in the fall after clearing more farm land) and helping with whatever was needed. As fewer people lived off the land or sold the land more kids left home for work. With times like they are again we might find more families moving in with each other. My parents didn't move in but they did move about 4 miles away. We are putting up enough food to get both homes through the next year, but not just because of the times. It was something my mom and I have been talking about for a couple years. Doing things a little 'old school'. (but keeping all the modern conveniences). I like to say 'I'm not lazy, just busy' :D And now getting busier.
0 I think...:
Post a Comment