I said I wasn't going to get dressed today. I lied. I read something in a blog that got me up and running to the store. I have voles. I have acres of pastures and trees all around me and if you have them you know it. Moles cause hills and ruin the yard. They eat bugs and larvae. For years I fought moles with everything on the market and finally found something that worked. I hired 'The mole ladies'. They killed 6 moles in 2 weeks at 35.00 a piece and I did a happy dance for every single one. If you've ever had a mole problem you know what I'm talking about :) Shrews look like mice but they have pointy noses and run around. Never really been a problem except for when their dead bodies litter the back porch. Cats won't eat them for some reason, just kill them. Mice are pains but cats love em. Mine love em a couple times a day! I know this because they leave the guts on my front steps (ick) plus mice eat decon. Voles leave holes all over in your yard. Voles have tunnels that tear your yard up, and leave booby traps for unsuspecting walkers. Voles eat the roots of all your plants and you don't know it until it falls over dead. Voles DO NOT eat decon. I have holes so bad out in the fields that my dog sprained his foot, and I regularly trip. My yard is all lumpy from those damn things. I don't have 5 or 10 holes in my yard, I have 5 or 10 every 10 square feet. I can't use decon because dogs think it's candy and it will kill them. So, I read in a blog that if you mix equal parts of corn meal and plaster of paris voles will eat it and it will harden in their stomach and they will die. I want to d
o the vole happy dance. I reeeally do. So off to micheals craft shop I flew in my pj top and jeans. I used an old butter tub to hold the mix. I used the new press and seal cling wrap to make little water-proof packets of my mix. I just put spoonfuls on the bottom sheet, added a top sheet, pressed and trimmed. Just in case it had no odor I put a little smear of peanut butter on the center of each '
pocket'. I dropped one down a dozen holes and covered them with a little dirt. I didn't put any in the dogs yard, just the fence beside it. Not to worried about the cats because 1, they don't eat the guts and 2, once the plaster of paris gets wet in the stomach it hardens to a rock and cats won't eat rocks. For those of you offended about killing gods creatures, you obviously never had the pleasure of seeing a destructive rodent dead and dancing gleefully around like an idiot knowing that there will be one less breeder running around. I'm going to be checking tomorrow and I hope all I see is little shreds of cling wrap.
o the vole happy dance. I reeeally do. So off to micheals craft shop I flew in my pj top and jeans. I used an old butter tub to hold the mix. I used the new press and seal cling wrap to make little water-proof packets of my mix. I just put spoonfuls on the bottom sheet, added a top sheet, pressed and trimmed. Just in case it had no odor I put a little smear of peanut butter on the center of each '
pocket'. I dropped one down a dozen holes and covered them with a little dirt. I didn't put any in the dogs yard, just the fence beside it. Not to worried about the cats because 1, they don't eat the guts and 2, once the plaster of paris gets wet in the stomach it hardens to a rock and cats won't eat rocks. For those of you offended about killing gods creatures, you obviously never had the pleasure of seeing a destructive rodent dead and dancing gleefully around like an idiot knowing that there will be one less breeder running around. I'm going to be checking tomorrow and I hope all I see is little shreds of cling wrap.
0 I think...:
Post a Comment