sundaze

So, still no smoking but I am an addict. I don't want a cigarette but I do want the drug inside. A LITTLE more moody than usual :) but have yet to kill so it really doesn't count (much). My kids start the buttons going and then oh so innocently Grumpy walks by and says something smart and WHAM! OFF WITH HIS HEAD! Not so nice, I know, I'm working on it. He spent all day working on the coop in the freezing rain. I'm not sure why, so he doesn't get the points he could be earning. The outside is finished, we just need to lay the linoleum and install the milk boxes, perches and metal screen. I wanted linoleum for easier cleanup time, the same reason we went with plastic milk crates instead of built in boxes. I understand you need to bleach water everything inside once or twice a year so I went user friendly. A roll of linoleum at Lowes...20.00, 4 milk boxes...free (had used canning jars in them), the 8 x 6 shed Grumpy needed from Lowes... 650.00 (that one shot my budget to hell) Tomorrow we start with their yard. That one we'll have to be creative with because we put the coop next to and under the apple tree. Good thing they love apples! My seeds are doing well, but are not going into the green house yet. Temps are in the low 20's at night this week. The green house is warm enough, I just want them a little hardier first (like the chickies). I'm excited for spring, but do I really want to do all that weeding? I haven't accomplished much work on my hobbies this week. After I got sick the rest of the group fell like dominoes. Now that I feel better we spend our time getting ready for our trip. I asked Grumpy to take the quad in and have it looked at. It runs when it wants to and I want to use it this weekend at the sand dunes. He said no. OK. I talked to my Dd1's husband and he picked it up for me and took it in. So much easier :) So for 125.00 we'll have the dirtbike and the quad for fun. I have said for years that Grumpy would sleep in a broken bed rather than change to a new one. Lucky for him I do the shopping :D Menu planning for me and Grumpy, 4 kids, 2 spouses, 4 grandkids. I checked on-line for fun this weekend and there is NOTHING. All these personalities in one house. Scary stuff :) While the guys spend their time at the dunes and the babies are sleeping I want to take the girls and do something called trashed pics. They'll wear their wedding and/or formal outfit and we'll take pics on the dunes, on the beach, in the water, in a ditch, wherever. The dress is no longer wearable when you're done but the pics are great! Something different to do. Another thing that needs to be done is a system that takes care of the animals while we are gone. 2 dogs, Buddy and Lexie..2 cats Tabitha and Sassy..2 goldfish, Nemo and Nemo..8 chickens, 1 rooster, and Trouble plus my garden. We'll leave on Thurs, Fri, Sat, and back on Sunday. The chickies go through 32 ounces of water a day, the cats will need the food and water server, but they eat mice and voles all day. The dogs will need a food server, the goldfish have already survived without longer (oops). The only one to worry about are the chickies. I'll have to practice this week. Snow on the ground this morning so I'm not going anywhere :/ Kitties are SO not happy with the snow. You wouldn't know it to look at them, but they are very pissy kittys anyway :)

0 I think...: