quick jot

Things are pretty busy here, but a cute mental picture...10 half grown chicks and a bowl of spaghetti with red sauce. Pics and up-dates later :D

Interesting article by Gregory Rodriguez for the Los Angeles Times...(excerpt)
The traditional American value of self-reliance was born on the frontier, where nothing was given and people had to find creative ways to survive. But fortunately and unfortunately, progress and modernization have distanced us from the edgy resourcefulness that is at the heart of our national vitality. I'm not against the well-intended ordinances and statues that regulate our environment and our lives. But in pressing times, they appear more pretentious than progressive.
I saw this and thought haHA! That's what I'm talking about! You can not have Americans being fed their basic needs like a senior citizen with advanced Alzheimer's and then expect our country to be as great as it is. We are survivors. We are pioneers. We ARE the American dream! Socialism. ick. bad bad word. When you have a government that wants to regulate (and run) all banking and finance, all medical, over-see the state governments by increasing welfare and lowering self-sufficiency and be in charge of the census, you have a government that leans towards communism. The government is corrupt simply by being. The personality that tends to run for office is by nature a spotlight seeker. Pretty soon the lies they told themselves when they ran for office becomes as false as the votes they sell to stay in office. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Fact. I've seen it in action. Nicest people in the world until they are in charge of something, whether it's a promoted supervisor or a softball coach. We are looking at some scary choices being made for us by elites who no longer live in the real world.


0 I think...: