enough?

Today, for the first time in the news I heard the 'D' word. DEPRESSION. Terrible word. Every time I don't want to deal with the garden, or second guess my chickies I remind myself of what my end goal is. Self sufficiency. My mother, grandmother, her mother and HER mother all lived it and I have my gg grandmothers' diaries from the late 20's through the 60's for what it looks like in real life. Lots of insight to times past, but the most interesting thing to me was growing what you ate and bartering. If you couldn't grow it, you traded for it. So, back to the news today. It said that a depression usually lasted for 5 years and we would be almost 1 year into it. That means times will get VERY rough compared to how bad we think things are today. What you have now is what you might end up with..if you're lucky. Many will lose most if not all. Many of those will want what you have...without the work. So, I will continue to plant heirloom seeds. I will continue to clean poop (ick) of my procreating clucking little proteins and know that my family will not go without as long as I own my home :D I will take care of mine. I will protect mine. Self sufficiency. Is that going to be enough? Can you prepare enough?

(btw, still sick, sick and tired of being sick and tired!)

0 I think...: