Moving day?

I'm not sure if the chickie digs are going to be finished to day :( We'll see. The darlings REALLY want to go run around and I would like to have my home back. Snow and/or rain in the forecast so, vegies stay in the house, chickies still in the house, and I'm not going outside...it's cold! Still haven't smoked and it's over 60 hours. According to science, my blood pressure is normal and I have no nicotine in my body. I have occasional nicotine fits that last for about 30-60 seconds. A couple deep breathes and a child sacrifice takes care of that (kidding). I hope I hope I hope. I hope that this is all there is to quiting. I hope I don't smoke again. I hope I don't gain 40 pounds. You would think that after smoking a pack a day for 32 years I would be homicidal or something. Already I have more time in my day. Already I can run up and down the stairs easier. Already I can smell better. Already I dislike the taste of chocolate (that sucks). Already my teeth are whiter. Already I have completely erased trace of my smoking spot outside. Already I just plain FEEL BETTER! My only concern is that The kids, Grumpy, and I rented a large house by the sand dunes for a 3 day weekend, next weekend. 2 of the kids smoke. I'm around smokers all day as I run around, but I don't live with a smoker. Will I be overcome with addiction and attack someone for their cigarette? Seriously, is this it? You just don't pick one up anymore? Why the hell didn't I quit 20 years ago?!?!

1 I think...:

Lisa said...

oh yeah... and congrats on quitting smoking!! That is SO exciting! I'm so glad that you've had an easy time of it so far. I think it's wonderful that you are doing it. Keep it up!