one point of view

Well, I talked to everyone in my family (one at a time) to ask them "what is your plan in the event of a more localized 911?"

The baby sister blew me away. She tells me that yes, she has thought about it but that life is so busy that it isn't something that she wants to deal with. She tells me that the plan she has come up with is that since both my sisters live in town kind of close, and since middle sister has a pool and a yard and a shop and since both of their houses are paid off (thanks mom...you forgot me :D) she felt that our best bet would be to leave our 3 acres...and our chickens...and our well...and our garden and fruit trees...out in the country with very few neighbors...to move into town an hour away where we would be safe.

I'm flattered that she feels that she has a plan to keep me safe.

But.

I just said thank you.

They shop every other day for what they need. The one with a fireplace buys just enough wood to get by for her evening fire. They live in town with people who also have postage stamp yards. It just amazes me that my idea of prepping is living out in the country, learning how to garden, to can, to quilt, to shop in bulk inexpensively, to pare down my bills to basics only and save, and my sisters idea of prepping is that since their places are paid off we will be fine in town.

I am flattered that she thought to keep me safe.

I'm just not sure that she understands what that means. Or we just have different ideas of what safe means. I think that being in town means safety to her, being closer to government facilities. Being with lots of people. Able to shop for basics as needed in her view. My view of safety is that we could stay home, out of the way and un-noticed, for quite some time. But I am very flattered that she thought to keep me safe. But I'll stay home anyway.

0 I think...: