Once upon a time I had 4 children and a husband.
We raised our children to the best of our ability and one at a time set them out on the world.
For various reasons they have returned... one. at. a. time.
I had 2 weeks with a true empty nest.
My youngest lost her husband in a terrible accident and came back home. That's reasonable. At the time. It's been 2 years. She spends quite a bit of time with her friends now and not so much time looking at/planning for her future. I would like to see some sort of planning going on now.
I have my son living out in the mil cottage going to college. That's reasonable. How can you say no to that? In 2 years he'll be self sufficient as a auto mechanic.
My middle daughter left her husband 4 years and relationship of 10 years. Her poor health and financial considerations make us the obvious drop spot. That's reasonable. I get that. She'll need some time to decide if she'll continue to take the emotional abuse and go back or whether she's better than that and moves on...but that's her choice. There are no children involved and they're adults so that decision does not involve anyone but them.
All of these are reasonable reasons to come home. I get that. I have the room here with some adjusting. They really don't cost much to keep, I have a well so no water bill, I canned a ton of food last year so my food bill is so-so, they help with chores around the house (at least all but the baby, she is still better than that), again...all very reasonable.
So why am I feeling so unreasonable about it all?
*added...the eldest daughter is still doing well and not at home...fingers crossed :)
0 I think...:
Post a Comment