Haiti and me, offending

I watch in awe at all the money going to organizers. I watch in awe as people cry over the homeless. I watch in awe as people struggling themselves to get supplies over there. I watch in awe as stars get a benefit to raise money. I watch in awe as every site I see has a 'send money to Haiti' button. I watch in awe as people rally "Save the babies!"

And I sit back embarrassed. Not for me, but for all of them.

What the hell people! You can all get organized to send crap over seas and can't do the same here?! They don't even want your crap. Didn't you read that again and again?! Just send money please. Of course America has sent over 350 million dollars. What did the Haitians get for that money? Not a damn. That's right.

Not a damn thing.

Not even a tent, which is what everyone keeps asking for. Just a tent and we give them tarps without any rope. Aren't we helpful.

Haven't we learned anything with 911 and Katrina? The people who need the most help get it the least and as long as you people make a huge media event around this you're going to have too many people over there creating a huge clusterfuck trying to get into the spotlight.

Oh yeah. They're complaining about that too.

People in trucks with cameras driving right past the dying to get to the capitol. To make the bigger spotlight. Can you imagine being in a senior home old, wounded, weak, no food or water for 2 days and seeing those water trucks drive right by you?

I think I would lose my mind. They died. They died 2 miles from the capitol from exposure and thirst along side that busy road.

350 million dollars and we can't even give them a damn tent.

Why did we turn away the planes from other countries? Why in our arrogance did we take over? Why couldn't we support another country as they stepped in to help?

And why are we so willing to help another country when we don't even help our neighbor?

0 I think...: