marriage and me, offending

Today kicks off the "National Marriage week" and ends on Valentines Day, International Marriage day.

Today there's about 50% of the population married. 25 years ago it was over 80%. In this world requiring 2 incomes to make it, it's sad that kids are being encouraged to 'explore' and 'experiment'. Most of them believe that a commitment means that you live with your current baby daddy. That may sound harsh, but that's what I see in my community. And we live in a decent area. It gets worse the farther down the economic ladder you go.

What happened to getting married when you get pregnant? Kids are told there's no stigma to having a a baby out of wedlock. Why not? There should be. It takes 2 incomes to make ends meet. It takes 2 parents to raise a child. Otherwise you have 1 parent without adequate support. You have 1 parent who either has to work all the time, leaving a latch key child and daycare or you have 1 parent on welfare. That means broke all the time and struggling to put food on the table.

Recently I was reading comments about a girl who had an encounter with another girl. She was confused because she liked boys. Most of the comments were about encouraging her to explore and experiment. Most comments were about not making a commitment, just playing around. I took offense at that advice. I personally felt that they were taking a confused teen moment and turning it into an excuse to turn her into a slut. That's what we used to call girls who had in-discriminant sex. Sluts. Of course, that's not PC anymore. Now it called exploring your sexuality. If you aren't willing to consider going both ways you are discriminating against gays. I guess it's ok if gays discriminate by not having straight sex. :)

I believe that kids should not be encouraged to have sex without commitment.
I believe that if she was good enough to knock up, she should be good enough to marry.
I believe that if he has 3 kids by 3 women, he would not make a good commitment. Run.
I believe that if kids married when procreating there would be less poverty and child abuse.
I believe that most people meet our expectations and we have set the bar WAY too low.
I believe that teachers are too liberal and encourage that low bar and standards.
I believe that reality TV is taken for reality and led to the poor family values in the MTV crowd.
I believe that my views offend a lot of people...and I really don't care.
Happy Marriage week.

0 I think...: