I have a busy life. Not the single mom, work full time, never have enough time to do the laundry type busy..although I don't, have time for the laundry I mean. I'll get to it as soon as I run out of underwear. I'm the run the kids to their appointments (all day), home and safety inspections (3 a month), cook, clean, and all the rest of the standard stay at home mom stuff. How I try to stay on top of everything is by putting everything that doesn't have a home in my bedroom. Anyone else do that? You have 30 minutes (or 5) to do a quick pick up of the place before company gets there. Maybe grab the half-folded laundry and toss it on the bed, declutter table tops into a grocery bag and set it over in the corner of your room and say you'll sort it later? Maybe a shopping day and don't have time to put it away? Just set it in your room for later. Only after a while your room looks like a cross between a closet and a garage (grumpy is famous for this too. I have more fishing stuff lying around my bedroom than he has out in the garage).
So, in my cold medicine delirium I went on a bedroom purge. On a side note I believe I know why they use Advil cold and sinus to make meth. Otherwise I have absolutely no idea where my energy came from. note to self..don't give Advil cold and sinus to the kids if they're going to be home all day. I did a deep clean that looks as good as the day I unpacked. I dusted, vacuumed, polished the hardwood floors and furniture, hunted and killed many large dust bunnies, and purged. Mostly purged. I got rid of 50% of the stuff that I haven't used this year. I emptied the closets and only put back what I wore every year. I ferbreezed the crap out of the mattress and pillows and throw rug. I opened the windows wide (43 degrees out) and put on all fresh bedding. I didn't put stuff back...I didn't move things from one room to another...I didn't leave anything around that was leaving in the house. It left. My bedroom looks incredible and it only took most of the day.
Unfortunately my darling grandchild entertained herself while I did this. While I toiled all day making calm out of chaos she managed to trash her room, the living room, the dining room and the kitchen without making a sound. How do 5 year olds DO that? Oh well, more projects for another day. In fact my goal is to purge 1 room each day this week. I have too much stuff if I have enough to lay around needing to be picked up. Goodwill is going to love me on Friday :)
Now I am off to the shower, put on my clean pj's and enjoy my sparkling bedroom while it IS sparkling :)
So, in my cold medicine delirium I went on a bedroom purge. On a side note I believe I know why they use Advil cold and sinus to make meth. Otherwise I have absolutely no idea where my energy came from. note to self..don't give Advil cold and sinus to the kids if they're going to be home all day. I did a deep clean that looks as good as the day I unpacked. I dusted, vacuumed, polished the hardwood floors and furniture, hunted and killed many large dust bunnies, and purged. Mostly purged. I got rid of 50% of the stuff that I haven't used this year. I emptied the closets and only put back what I wore every year. I ferbreezed the crap out of the mattress and pillows and throw rug. I opened the windows wide (43 degrees out) and put on all fresh bedding. I didn't put stuff back...I didn't move things from one room to another...I didn't leave anything around that was leaving in the house. It left. My bedroom looks incredible and it only took most of the day.
Unfortunately my darling grandchild entertained herself while I did this. While I toiled all day making calm out of chaos she managed to trash her room, the living room, the dining room and the kitchen without making a sound. How do 5 year olds DO that? Oh well, more projects for another day. In fact my goal is to purge 1 room each day this week. I have too much stuff if I have enough to lay around needing to be picked up. Goodwill is going to love me on Friday :)
Now I am off to the shower, put on my clean pj's and enjoy my sparkling bedroom while it IS sparkling :)
1 I think...:
You have just described me to a T!! I mean it. This is exactly what I do. I hate that about me. I purged right before my last surgery so the bedroom would look all sparkly as I laid there for a week and a half recuperating, but was terrified of being wacked in the chest (my hubby is a flailer in the night) so I have banished myself to the living room couch. Haven't gone in there much over the past 3 weeks, until a couple days ago when my back was on fire and I was ready to pack pillows all around me just in case. The place is a mess. Can't tell I spent the day cleaning it. I know it's not just me now. He always said it was.
Love the part about the cold meds. Funny!
So, if your all amped up and I'm still trying to become more mobile--care to come spend the week with me and help purge? I have 3 bedrooms, a garage, and the spare room in the basement that could use a clean sweep. Let me know when your coming! I'll make cheesecake! :)
Post a Comment