Those who have smoked regularly for a few weeks or longer(or 30 years), and suddenly stop using tobacco or greatly reduce the amount smoked, will have withdrawal symptoms. Symptoms usually start within a few hours of the last cigarette and peak about 2 to 3 days later when most of the nicotine and its by-products are out of the body. Withdrawal symptoms can last for a few days to up to several weeks. They will get better every day that you stay smoke-free.
Withdrawal symptoms can include any of the following:
- dizziness (which may only last 1 to 2 days after quitting)
- depression
- feelings of frustration, impatience, and anger
- anxiety
- irritability
- sleep disturbances, including having trouble falling asleep and staying asleep, and having bad dreams or even nightmares
- trouble concentrating
- restlessness or boredom
- headaches
- tiredness
- increased appetite
- weight gain
- constipation and gas
- cough, dry mouth, sore throat, and nasal drip
- chest tightness
At least I know why I feel like crap. By Monday I should be back on track and not wish to kill people who bother me with stupid phone calls....
0 I think...:
Post a Comment