ehh :/

well, off the wagon. Now I have to climb back on and try try again.

1 I think...:

Christina Heald said...

I was a closet smoker for a long time when I was young. I worked as a bartender for 15 yrs. also before the ban on public smoking so I was around A LOT of second hand smoke. I would fall off the wagon every once in a while, but found that I mostly just bought them so they could burn down in the ashtray at work--but it was there in case I ever wanted to socially partake. I'm an all or nothing kind of gal and whenever I did quit--it was cold turkey and then I'd go years before falling off the wagon. I often wonder, though, if it's truly falling off the wagon or if during this time when you're trying so hard--if it isn't more like just being drug behind a little.

I have realized that quitting caffeine was a much more horrendous experience than quitting smoking for good was. Now, I can't even be around it or people that do because I get a migraine and I can't breathe.

I took up jewelry making to keep my mind and my hands occupied and I taught myself intricate beading techniques. It required a great deal of concentration because I am left handed and everything I tried to make would have to have the directions translated. That's not like reading another language--although, sort of--but to figure out thread patterns in the opposite direction always messed me up. I often thought that the frustration would cause me to smoke, but I would look up at the clock and realize that 4 or 5 or 6 hrs. had gone by without me even realizing it and then I wouldn't want to mess that up.

It's truly a hard thing to quit--I wish you the best. Take up a new hobby and throw yourself into it. It might just take the pressure off.