My last view of Grumpy heading down the driveway for 2 weeks. Elk season. Every year since we've met he heads up to the mountain for bow season hunting elk. YIPPEE! I hope we fill the freezer. My son will head up on Monday to join him...I'm hoping for 2 animals. No hormones, much less expensive than the butchers shop and it doesn't cause heart disease. Probably why his mom, brother and sister are all on meds for cholesterol and shunts for heart attacks and he isn't. All that healthy eating :)
I'm thinking about going with him next year. My house should be calm and my youngest 2 can stay home alone. I went once years ago. I took my hammock, an entire bag of books and kicked back out in the woods 100 miles from the nearest power pole. Very relaxing being far away from 'puters, cell service and all the noise and demands of people. I would need an early spring because even if I had wanted to go this year I couldn't. I have 48 tomato plants completely loaded and yet to turn red and my beets are still too tiny to can. There's no way I would go thru all the hard work just to leave town at harvest time :)
So, good luck honey, love you. And that's the only reason I'm not going to kill you when you get back for taking the only mailbox key and leaving me here knowing my net.flix movie mama mia is sitting so close and yet untouchable til you get back =P
0 I think...:
Post a Comment