no preservatives added

I'm not a naturalpathic sort of person but I do take vitamin D because I live in the northwest and run low on mental (and physical) energy all winter. It helps. I take B-12 because it gives me energy and clarity. It helps. That's about it. I ask my docs for melatonin for my fkids instead of prescriptions because I watch all the drug commercials.

I LOVE the drug commercials. They're kind of like Obama's campaign commercials. They disclose everything that can happen, but they do it in a way that has you not pay attention to the actual message. Itchy legs? Ask your doc for this and you will be cured! It will cause kidney damage and you might go blind but hey! no more itch legs! Want to take a pill once a month instead of every day? Great! You might have a stroke if you sit down the first 4 hours but you got it! Got a cold? Spray this up your nose. You will permanently lose all sense of smell but you won't drip for a couple days :) Gotta love an honest snake oil salesman...

So, back to me :) I don't like doctors, as a whole. I don't like dentists either but it's because of my needle phobia. I hate needles. My head swells, my heart races, I get nauseous...it's terrible. I have walked out of more than 1 situation because I saw the needle. Needless to say I don't go to the dentist very often but I brush my teeth a lot! I go to the dentist when I have a toothache that hurts so bad that I feel less bad about the needle than I do about stopping it. That happens about every 10-12 years.

And that brings me to Monday. I had a tooth start to bother me over the holidays. I ignored it like I always do but it continued to get worse like it always does. I took a course of antibiotics and it improved for about a week. 2 months later I took a stronger course hoping to stall out a couple more years. Didn't happen. I made my appointment with a new dentist who's ad said 'Scardy cats our specialty'. It sounded like the place for me. I was a complete wreck but in so much pain I made my appointment. I sat through the sounds of the drills over my ipod and the horrendous smells that always seem the same in every office (ugh). I sat through the gagging reflex of the x-rays. I sat through the oh so sweet staff who could tell I was a complete wreck. I waited for an hour for the dentist to come in getting more and more worked up... Then he pulls up a chair, does the examination and pronounces me just fine except for a minor cavity on the lower side. He says all my pain is from a sinus infection! Are you kidding me?! I took 2 10 day courses of antibiotics and still have a sinus infection? Wait! I don't have to have a root canal? I don't have all these rotten teeth in my mouth? YIPPEE! I don't have any real cavities! They can do my little baby one without even a single shot!

So my big trip of the decade to the dentist was an easy trip (whew!) but now I have a sinus infection that needs attention. The antibiotics were the same ones that I would have been given for a sinus infection too. The dentist shared that his daughter went through the same thing and they had to roto-rooter her sinuses. I don't think so. Not happening. Nope. No thanks. Not me. After a trip through google I now have an awesome plan that includes silver water. And you know what? After 2 days it's already helping. I suffered for 5 months thinking I had a rotten tooth that would either get a very expensive dental treatment or leave a gaping hole in my smile. Now I find out that snuffling some silvered water will take care of it for about 65 cents for the entire treatment. Bring on the homeopathic ways! I can do that. Well, except for acupressure. Not going there :)

1 I think...:

Just One Opinion said...

Just came across your post...I experienced empty nest last year, and my grandkids live a distance away! It's an interesting time,is it not? I'v learned more about myself in the last year or so than I did in my first 51 years I think! Hope you'll check out my website and follow us on Facebook - join the conversation - there's lots of us out there!

Pam Sissons

http://www.facebook.com/FiftyIsTheNewForty

http://www.fiftyisthenewforty.net/kids_leaving_home.php