and IT'S A GIRL!
on April 12, 2010
We just received the news today that Chelsea will be ours next Friday afternoon. And again, it's not that I'm having any doubts about adopting a 12 year old that I have only known for a year...really, I'm not. much. I'm just a little nervous. There were many times raising my own daughters that I had that 'OH MY GOD, I am totally screwing up this kid for life...what am I thinking!' moments. So to take on that risk again is really scary. What if I do screw her up? What if these years with me are more toxic than living under the bridge all those years? OMG, what am I thinking :)
2 I think...:
K Mom,
It's Blinkin!! thanks for all your words of encouragement. It has been a journey and not over yet by any means. We are entertaining the idea of adopting, or at least get the process rolling next year. I looks like you have all kinds of experience with that. What little advise you have given so far had gone a long way, so I hope you dont mind if I pick your brain about the entire process. Please feel free to email me at snkb_316@yahoo.com.
I look forward to seeing what's next around the bend. I guess Im just too dang stubborn to give up.
take care!
Kim Barrett
Congrats on your baby girl!
Post a Comment