birthday traditions

Since my kids were very little we have had a tradition of the birthday child holding up fingers to count out how old they were. Haven't you ever looked back at pictures and had to look at the cake to see what birthday it was? This way it's self explanatory. When they got older and ran out of fingers the other sibs would step in.

I took this picture off my daughters facebook page this morning. As you can tell they continue this tradition even though I wasn't there :) My son turned 23 on New Years eve. I have to admit, he was creative in adding to his birthday count :D
December has always been a rough month for me. 2 birthdays right after Christmas meant being creative sometimes. Like the tradition of taking the tree down Christmas day night so that the 26th was Dd2's birthday. And the fact for years my son thought that he had the coolest birthday ever. He got fireworks and never had to go to bed early on his. Traditions :)

0 I think...: