So, my son comes in the house this morning about 7am. Still kinda dark outside and says that he thinks I have an owl stuck in my snowball bush next to the driveway. He's pretty sure it's stuck because when he started his very noisy truck 2 feet away there was a lot of floundering and squealing but nothing came out. I grab my camera and shoes but forgot the flashlight and headed out to see what we could do. I like owls because they eat rodents and I have so many fields around me, poor thing. We're assessing the situation but can't see very well. I do see this very large mass floundering in the branches. I try to take a picture for light and my camera dies. He looks around for a stick to separate the branches and help it to escape but we decide we need more light. Before I can get a flashlight from the house the squealing gets really loud and the branches start whipping around and we're really concerned that this owl is going to hurt himself in fear. As we move closer to this bush (or small tree) the branches separate and 2 extremely large owls glide away. I swear it looked like they had a wing span of close to 4 feet each. As we stare in disbelief at what we were seeing, my son says quietly, 'Oh. Well,...I guess they weren't stuck.' I just about peed my pants, I laughed so hard. I guess you had to be there. Or I just need more coffee. Hope everyone has a great day :)
0 I think...:
Post a Comment