Happy Birthday! You have been on this earth now for 26 years.
I remember the first time I saw you. I was in labor from Christmas morning on and couldn't eat dinner that day because Aunt Marie said that laboring women shouldn't eat. She was old school :) You were such a pain...literally! You just didn't want to come out. Contractions at 8 minutes apart for 28 hours before the Dr stepped in and hurried things along. I think they got tired of me walking the halls and then demanding to be checked every hour. They couldn't send me home because we were having one of the most extreme silver thaws in history and home was 30 miles away.
You were my smallest baby at 8.14 lbs. We nicknamed you peepers because everything about you was pink except those big dark eyes that looked at everyone so intensely. We knew you were born with an old soul from day one. You were a stubborn child and grew up to be a stubborn adult.
You have beat the odd these last 5 years. Every birthday is a gift. Who knew that you had idiopathic cardiomyopathy? Not your childhood doctors. Not me. Not even you until you went to er with a bad case of pneumonia...or so we thought. Working crazy hours, too much fast food had put you into congestive heart failure.
You have gone from healthy to deaths door and back again. Your strength and your faith in God have carried you through some terrible times. Meds that didn't work and meds with terrible side effects. The defibrillator that reminds you to slow down when you try to do too much. We have met some incredible Doctors and some truly wacked out quacks masquerading as Docs.
You are an awesome, caring, loving, empathetic and wonderful human being and I just wanted to tell you that I love you, and have a happy happy birthday today and next year and all the years after that...love, mom
I remember the first time I saw you. I was in labor from Christmas morning on and couldn't eat dinner that day because Aunt Marie said that laboring women shouldn't eat. She was old school :) You were such a pain...literally! You just didn't want to come out. Contractions at 8 minutes apart for 28 hours before the Dr stepped in and hurried things along. I think they got tired of me walking the halls and then demanding to be checked every hour. They couldn't send me home because we were having one of the most extreme silver thaws in history and home was 30 miles away.
You were my smallest baby at 8.14 lbs. We nicknamed you peepers because everything about you was pink except those big dark eyes that looked at everyone so intensely. We knew you were born with an old soul from day one. You were a stubborn child and grew up to be a stubborn adult.
You have beat the odd these last 5 years. Every birthday is a gift. Who knew that you had idiopathic cardiomyopathy? Not your childhood doctors. Not me. Not even you until you went to er with a bad case of pneumonia...or so we thought. Working crazy hours, too much fast food had put you into congestive heart failure.
You have gone from healthy to deaths door and back again. Your strength and your faith in God have carried you through some terrible times. Meds that didn't work and meds with terrible side effects. The defibrillator that reminds you to slow down when you try to do too much. We have met some incredible Doctors and some truly wacked out quacks masquerading as Docs.
You are an awesome, caring, loving, empathetic and wonderful human being and I just wanted to tell you that I love you, and have a happy happy birthday today and next year and all the years after that...love, mom
1 I think...:
28 hours of labor.... YIKES!
I hope she is healthy now and has tons more birthdays!
Post a Comment