rude much?

I'm a really bad person who should never be allowed out in public on cold meds again. I hope it was the cold meds. I would be really sad to think that I am just a bad person. I went to gkid-5's school today for 'Invite you grandparents to lunch' day. Other g-ma didn't want to drive 80 miles round trip for a 10 minute lunch and I didn't blame her so I said I would go and take lots of pics. I really am very bitchy when I'm sick. I meet up with the baby and we get into line to get our lovely school lunch. A little (not very) girl in line with her g-ma right behind us pulls on my jacket and says, 'gkid-5 is mean to me.' I look at her and then look at grandma (who was looking at me expectantly) and tell the little girl, 'life happens' and turn back around. What a weird thing to say to a little girl. I have no idea what I was thinking except so what. So what if my kid won't play with your kid. If there's no blood I don't get involved.
We get our lunch and sit down and a little boy across the table flips chocolate milk from my chin to my lap. I look at him. He looks at me. I ask him, well? He stares blankly. I know it was an accident but I say to him, sorry? oops? my bad? something? His g-ma watches me cleaning off my shirt and asks him if he did that and did he say sorry. Then she asks me if he did it as I'm cleaning chocolate milk off the table between us. She asks me this as she follows the line of milk from him to my lap. I just smile at her thinking here's your sign. We finish lunch and head back to gkid-5's classroom so I can take more pics and the other little boys g-ma looks up from the desk next to hers and says in the oddest voice, oh, we meet again. That's when I realized that I must have been out of line. I think I have been out of the public for too long. Maybe I have lost that social nicety that lets you say positive things to people while their dog is getting overly intimate with your leg. Maybe it's an age thing and their gkids are snot nosed little brats. I don't know and can't tell through the haze of cold medicine. Could this be me one day? I think I'll go take some more cold meds and go to bed. Probably safest place for me at the moment. :D

1 I think...:

Christina Heald said...

That is hilarious! I can picture that whole scenario now. If its any consolation--I'm sick too. Big cold also. Head pounding and I've been working my butt off all week on conferences for my clients. Finished everything up tonight and thought I'd check in on some blogs. I've been laughing at yours all night. I needed that!