It was a wonderful weekend but you always pay for it later :)
Grumpy reports from hunt camp that the trannie went out on the way up and the elk are hiding but the new, stupid hunters are not. Makes it harder for the guys who were taught to respect the rules of hunting to deal with the arrogant asses with a new bow and not much savvy.
My wireless card went out in my laptop so I don't have much available time to hide out in my bedroom where the modem is. Add that to the fact that I am having a bumper year for crops and am slowly losing my mind canning.
Tonight I still have a cooking of tomatoes to start, have already put up my grape juice earlier, I still have pears and 3 different kinds of apples in totes on the back porch, jalapenos to pick and pickle, green peppers to freeze, and more tomatoes to be picked. and now the potatoes are almost ready. This is crazy! It's my first canning year...how the HELL do people keep up with the crops?! Thank goodness for the blog tip about dehydrating zucchini. Oh yea, my dehydrator is going also :) Grumpy had better come back with the bacon!
fyi, it takes about 2 hours to skin and seed enough tomatoes to fill an 18 quart crockpot. ugh!
Grumpy reports from hunt camp that the trannie went out on the way up and the elk are hiding but the new, stupid hunters are not. Makes it harder for the guys who were taught to respect the rules of hunting to deal with the arrogant asses with a new bow and not much savvy.
My wireless card went out in my laptop so I don't have much available time to hide out in my bedroom where the modem is. Add that to the fact that I am having a bumper year for crops and am slowly losing my mind canning.
Tonight I still have a cooking of tomatoes to start, have already put up my grape juice earlier, I still have pears and 3 different kinds of apples in totes on the back porch, jalapenos to pick and pickle, green peppers to freeze, and more tomatoes to be picked. and now the potatoes are almost ready. This is crazy! It's my first canning year...how the HELL do people keep up with the crops?! Thank goodness for the blog tip about dehydrating zucchini. Oh yea, my dehydrator is going also :) Grumpy had better come back with the bacon!
fyi, it takes about 2 hours to skin and seed enough tomatoes to fill an 18 quart crockpot. ugh!
0 I think...:
Post a Comment