It's my son and his father, Grumpy.
I love moments like this. Father instructing son. I have a lot of snapshots stored in the back of my mind, but when I can take a picture I know it will out live me. I haven't talked much about my son. At 22 he's starting to show signs of the man he will become. He's someone that I enjoy being around. He's a deep thinker and a limited talker. He reminds me of my dad at times :) He became a father at 17. He was allowed to be the daddy at 21. Some boys never do. Especially when the parents are helicopter parents and don't let them grow up, even to the point of taking over their child's parenting duties. How hard would it be if you are a full time 17 year old parent and YOUR parents are doing everything? Another thing I would have done different with hindsight, although she is truly the apple of our eye. He always puts family first, even before himself. He's the only kid who will surprise me with a clean kitchen after I have destroyed it cooking dinner just because I looked like I needed help. I guess I'm saying that I LIKE my son and am truly proud of him and that's something to enjoy.
I love moments like this. Father instructing son. I have a lot of snapshots stored in the back of my mind, but when I can take a picture I know it will out live me. I haven't talked much about my son. At 22 he's starting to show signs of the man he will become. He's someone that I enjoy being around. He's a deep thinker and a limited talker. He reminds me of my dad at times :) He became a father at 17. He was allowed to be the daddy at 21. Some boys never do. Especially when the parents are helicopter parents and don't let them grow up, even to the point of taking over their child's parenting duties. How hard would it be if you are a full time 17 year old parent and YOUR parents are doing everything? Another thing I would have done different with hindsight, although she is truly the apple of our eye. He always puts family first, even before himself. He's the only kid who will surprise me with a clean kitchen after I have destroyed it cooking dinner just because I looked like I needed help. I guess I'm saying that I LIKE my son and am truly proud of him and that's something to enjoy.
0 I think...:
Post a Comment