So, Grumpy isn't leaving town. Personally I think it's because he would miss me for those 3 years..but he's not saying :) Right now he's not here mentally anyway. It's the home stretch for hunting. Loading the travel trailer, washing his clothes in baking soda, grocery shopping, sharpening his knives, etc. He'll be gone for about 10-14 days. I love it!! He gets enough meat to last all year and I get my one weekend a year...labor day weekend. Since the kids were little my mom would take them for those 3 days. now that they are gone I send the fkids to respite and shut off my phones and I watch chick flicks and I buy a container of bon bons and eat them for dinner :) and I sew, but most important...I watch the house stay clean. That's what I spend most of time at now (besides canning every day), spring (fall) cleaning. Closets, floor boards, walls, everything possible. Yesterday I had the fkids take their mattresses out in to the sun for the day. It looked pretty funny seeing all the mattresses lined up against the chain link fence :) Grumpy has his honey do list too. A gutter needs attention, a tree needs to come down etc. He does get a little resentful sometimes this close to his trip, but everything gets done and we are set for the next year.
We are coming up on my favorite season. FALL. I love fall with the winds and the rains and all the beautiful colors of the trees. It makes me feel like baking and making casseroles and nesting. Bring it on :D
We are coming up on my favorite season. FALL. I love fall with the winds and the rains and all the beautiful colors of the trees. It makes me feel like baking and making casseroles and nesting. Bring it on :D
0 I think...:
Post a Comment