I have a family reunion here next weekend. 5 generations on my side, 4 on Grumpy's side plus a few friends of the family that should have been IN the family :) Our family is a little odd. None of us can stand each other and yet we get together all the time. Probably so we can't gossip about the one that didn't show. Nobody wants to be that 'one'.
So, every other year I go all out renting the concession machines and setting up the pool area, the gossip area, the smoking area, the elders area and the toddlers area. The house needs to shine and so does the garden and coop. I put myself through this because although I don't particularly like my family (and can't stand Grumpy's...even after over 2 decades of marriage) they ARE my family and I love them. So, we will gossip and chase kids and duck cameras and eat way too much food and everyone will forget that we don't particularly like each other until the ride home.
In the mean time I have appointments to keep and windows to wash (and 20 pounds to lose) so I'm off here for a week. See you on the other side of sanity :D
So, every other year I go all out renting the concession machines and setting up the pool area, the gossip area, the smoking area, the elders area and the toddlers area. The house needs to shine and so does the garden and coop. I put myself through this because although I don't particularly like my family (and can't stand Grumpy's...even after over 2 decades of marriage) they ARE my family and I love them. So, we will gossip and chase kids and duck cameras and eat way too much food and everyone will forget that we don't particularly like each other until the ride home.
In the mean time I have appointments to keep and windows to wash (and 20 pounds to lose) so I'm off here for a week. See you on the other side of sanity :D
0 I think...:
Post a Comment