to do list
- Fall (spring) Cleaning. I prefer to do my deep cleaning in the Fall. All the windows, closets, floors, screens etc get a good scrubbing before winter weather hits.
- Closets. We've just about finished all the closets. Everything that hasn't been worn, doesn't fit, doesn't get played with, etc, went off to goodwill.
- Christmas layaway. I did this back in the day but for the last few years I've been buying on the net when I find things for dirt cheap. I always seem to spend more when I think I'm spending less. This year I'll put the kid's stuff on layaway and refuse to look at sale items. Putting Christmas on layaway gets me 8 weeks to pay it off. If I start mid September, that will run me to mid November and I'll be done before all the unexpected expenses come up around the holidays. Let's see...5 kids, 3 spouses, 4 gkids, 4 fkids...yeah, we're doing layaway :)
- Make sure the basement floor is flood safe. We've had it flood a couple times during massive rain storms and it's much easier to do clean up if there's nothing cloth or wood on the floor. It takes more than 12 inches of rain in a 10 hour time period but it does happen every couple years.
- Clean out the coop one final time for the winter. Make sure all the extension cords and heat lamps are ready and working. We're supposed to have an early Fall and rough winter.
- Gets my plants started in the green house. I want to try to have some vegies this winter if the grow lights don't jack up my pud bill too much.
- Shut down the pool for winter after the first week of school. We're going to try to have a back to school pool party for the girls first.
- And the single most important thing on my list...my winter hunny do list for Grumpy. He's leaving for elk camp on the 5th. That list will contain gutters and repairs and oil changes and getting the holiday totes out of the attic and things like that.
0 I think...:
Post a Comment