The 09 budget for 1.9 million patients was 3.58 billion dollars. They figure that they were only issued 52 % of what was actually needed. That would put the needed 09 budget at 7.16 billion dollars for 1.9 million people. My really crappy math skills says it was roughly about 1.84 million per person last year for federal health care according the recorded budget for Indian affairs.
According to Kaiser, a family of four headed by a 45-year-old making $63,000 a year is in the middle of the middle class. But that family would pay $7,110 to buy its own health insurance under the plan from the committee chairman.
The family would get a tax credit of $3,970 to help pay for a policy worth $11,080. But the balance due — $7,110 — is real money. Without some serious changes that would add over 1.83 million the the deficit per person per year. damn.
Kaiser's calculator doesn't take into account co-payments, prescriptions, and deductibles that could add hundreds of dollars, even several thousand, to a family's total medical expenses. A Congressional Budget Office analysis estimates total expenses could average 20 percent of income for some families by 2016.
I'm already on a tight budget. My local power company just voted to raise our rates 6%. My phone went up. My groceries are up. Obama wants to raise my power bill 1000% next year for green power. Everything is going up except Grumpy's paycheck. I can't afford to be sick...but I can't afford free medical care even more.
0 I think...:
Post a Comment