sundaze

The beach was SO absolutely wonderful. My weekend was perfect. Grumpy did remember our anniversary and surprised me with breakfast in bed Saturday. Unfortunately for me I don't eat until noon, I drink coffee :) The weather was nice and the beach wasn't too crowded. After we checked in we could see this large tree in the distance off the path a bit. So, we unpack, walk half a mile in the sand to see this amazing tree from the Lewis and Clark trip to the coast. It didn't look quit right. Grumpy banged on it and it echoed. Trees don't echo. The story goes, Lewis and Clarke kept the coordinates from his journey. He noted in his book that he carved his name into a tree at that spot and someone decided to do a 'recreation.' Would have been nice to know that before the hike :) The hotel was incredible, the view wonderful, the sunset much improved with my favorite Baileys and butterscotch liquor. It was a very relaxing anniversary, and unusual for us. I think I said before, this was our first since the kids aged out. It's a little odd not putting others ahead of yourself. I had to catch myself and decide if the ideas of what to do was something I wanted to do, or just leftover habits from what the kids thought was fun. We ate our meals out and walked the boardwalk. We spent hours walking the beach and remembering why we clicked the first time we met. He's Grumpy, but he's my Grumpy.

0 I think...: