I was randomly lurking around the net tonight, enjoying the peace and quiet that ensues after the sugar crash kicks in :D Again I hit on a random blog that caught my notice here. It was a well thought out article about childhood immunizations. What pissed me off beyond all belief was a great many of the comments given. A couple words I read over and over again were 'unforgivable' and 'selfish'. One little blip pretty much caught the tone of the 'haters'.. "That's why herd immunity is important. It isn't just about you and your choices -- it is about participating in a common good that protects all of us." WOW. Powerful stuff, except my child, my right...right? Oh yea, unless it makes you unhappy. huh. My eldest is 27 years old. Hearing the story about my mom's doc trying to give her Thalidomide for morning sickness when she was pregnant with me (It was prescribed as an anti-emetic for morning sickness. Children were born deformed and was already banned in 3 countries when FDA approved it), I grew up knowing that Doctors were not Gods. When I had my children I did research the best I could for the times. What I came up with was that my children could have shots delivered singly and only every 6 months. They were on track for the start of school and that's all that matters, right? As time went on I also decided that any shot given to my child (or grandchild) had to be dispensed for at least 25 years. I never wanted my daughters to have 'DES Daughters' with all of that heartbreak. God knows what the new shots will do to future generations because no one else does. I recently went rounds with my grand daughters' pediatrician. She was angry that I said I wasn't comfortable giving my 2 year old grandchild 8 shots. I felt that 1 at a time was safer. She was YELLING at me that I was wrong and she wanted to know where I got my information. I held up my hand and repeated (several times) 'this is not for debate, this is how it will be'. She said 'fine, I'll combine them into one shot'. Seriously? Are other parents that stupid? Oh, yea, that argument will totally change my mind. Wow. one shot with 8 mixed up? That should be MUCH safer. geez. She tried to slam the door on her way out (tried because you can't slam a dr door..(snicker) when I refused to debate her. :D geez...children. Rather than force parents to play russian roulette with their children, why can't they just manufacture a safer shot!?!
#1 drug manufacturers make money on each shot given regardless of quality (recall anyone?)
#2 we are not given the country of origin of the ingredients
#3 we do not have enough information on long term side-effects
#4 most shots given must be given again because they 'wear off'
#5 some kids have severe allergic reactions to the binding agent
#6 tests are not done on children to see if they carry these allergies
#7 not all children immunized develop autism. All autistic children received an immunization.
#8 the FDA rubber stamps most medications, even knowing that it may be banned in other countries because of side-effects
#9 If immunizations are so great, why do you worry whether my child has the latest and greatest? Maybe the coverage isn't as good as you wish?
#10 my gut instinct will always trump sheeple :D
#1 drug manufacturers make money on each shot given regardless of quality (recall anyone?)
#2 we are not given the country of origin of the ingredients
#3 we do not have enough information on long term side-effects
#4 most shots given must be given again because they 'wear off'
#5 some kids have severe allergic reactions to the binding agent
#6 tests are not done on children to see if they carry these allergies
#7 not all children immunized develop autism. All autistic children received an immunization.
#8 the FDA rubber stamps most medications, even knowing that it may be banned in other countries because of side-effects
#9 If immunizations are so great, why do you worry whether my child has the latest and greatest? Maybe the coverage isn't as good as you wish?
#10 my gut instinct will always trump sheeple :D
Sheeple is a Term of disparagement, a portemanteau created by combining the words "sheep" and "people."
It is often used to denote persons who voluntarily acquiesce to a perceived authority, or suggestion without sufficient research to fully understand the scope of the ramifications involved in that decision, and thus undermine their own human individuality or in other cases give up certain rights. The implication of sheeple is that as a collective, people believe whatever they are told, especially if told so by a perceived authority figure believed to be trustworthy, without processing it or doing adequate research to be sure that it is an accurate representation of the real world around them.
ps...BTW this replaced an obama/sheeple blog I've been working on. All kinds of hypocrisy. The right to immunize safely just seemed more important than my need to gloat :)
pps...I LOVE the word sheeple. I smile every time I say it. It just seems to say SO much about todays people for such a simple little thing. sheeple (snickers) SHEEPLE (LMAO)
ps...BTW this replaced an obama/sheeple blog I've been working on. All kinds of hypocrisy. The right to immunize safely just seemed more important than my need to gloat :)
pps...I LOVE the word sheeple. I smile every time I say it. It just seems to say SO much about todays people for such a simple little thing. sheeple (snickers) SHEEPLE (LMAO)
0 I think...:
Post a Comment