expanding the nest

We decided (actually I decided and browbeat Grumpy) that since the economy is south my 2 boomerang children will probably be here for a while. Ds and plus one aren't too bad. I gave them the mother-in-law cottage out back. It used to be to house my teen foster children learning Independent Living Skills. m-16 was my only out there at this time till m-16 flew the coop with some high end merchandise last week. It's a cute little one bedroom self contained so we only see as much of each other as we choose and I choose not to see his mess. Space really does make for better relationships with your grown children :D My Dd3, however, didn't have a spot to drop. Our Easter holiday will be spent building a room in the corner of the basement family room. Less than 400 dollars for a 10x12 room with a locking door knob. My argument to Grumpy is that our pretty little butterfly's messes will be contained behind closed doors. Right now she has spread herself pretty thick over the entire family room and once she's contained we can use the family room again :) My argument was won with the idea that after Dd3 leaves the nest (again) we can shut off the heat to that room and have a wonderful food storage room. Right now I'm sharing half the laundry room and under the stairs. While I'm creating a bedroom I'm dreaming of my perfect room with rows and rows of shelves filled with jewel colored quart jars sparkling in a permanent cool room down in the basement behind lock and key. Eventually :)

0 I think...: