eh
on July 21, 2010
I kind of resent that the best quiet time is in the late evenings after everyone goes to bed. I need that reset of peace and quiet but after rough days I find my self staying up later and later and then resentful that I may be getting my peace and quiet, but I'm losing out on my sleep...
3 I think...:
I find my quiet time is more productive when I wake up early, before everybody else. At night, my brain is fried and I don't get as much out of it.
The summer bedtime is the worst because they go to bed a little bit later all the time and I realize I have about an hour or less before I need to go to bed myself. My dh gets up at 5:30 for work every day and I've willed myself to do the same just to get a little bit of peace (after about 7 mos of doing this, I actually jump out of bed in the morning - haha). So, this morning my 17 yo decides to get up at 6:25 to take a shower before anyone else. Ah....we have absolutely nowhere to go today, no one is coming over, but yeah....So I calmly tell her it's too early, please go back to bed and she proceeds to wake up her sister, argue with me and just make this a.m. a fun time for all. I'm starting to resent this a teeny little bit since this is a child who already suffocates me with her neediness while simultaneously telling me I do everything wrong (including ALL of my parenting of ALL of my children).
I did the whole staying up late, late, late deal and it about killed me. I woke up cranky every single day and now just the kids wake up cranky (just doin' my part ya know).
I have the same problem. I live for the time after all my kids go to bed and it's just me, my hubby and my computer or a good book. But my older kids stay up so late in the summer that I get started with MY time much later then stay up much later. And now Britton (5m) is going through a growth spurt and getting up early to eat and won't go back to sleep. I do miss my sleep but I do LOVE/ADORE my time in the evenings. :) It will be better for me when school starts back.
Post a Comment